Care Specification: Dementia
Job type: Private (client hire)
Salary: £13.80 Per Hour
Contact Name: Elaine Tsopotsa
Contact Number: 020 3603 5545
About the Job
- Provide support and encouragement to clients to maximise their independence in their home and to continue, as much as possible to participate in social activities.
- Carry out light domestic work, for instance, making and changing beds, general housework and shopping, preparing, and cooking meals, pet care.
- Personal care support e.g. assistance with washing, oral care, hair care, continence, and dressing.
- Safe administration of medication (including creams) in line with client care plans and risk assessments.
- Support clients with their chosen day time activities, hobbies, and leisure pursuits.
- Support clients with their weekly shopping.
- Support clients to attend medical appointments.
- Provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK
- Agree to complete the relevant DBS / PVG checks
- Have a minimum of 6 months' experience in a regulated care environment.
- Be self-employed with two professional references, one from a current or previous employer.
- Evidence professional development/any training certificates
- A driver’s licence is desirable but not essential.
- Caring, empathetic and compassionate.
About your training
- Manual Handling
- Basic First Aid
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
Our offer to you
- Competitive salary of 700 - £1000 per week. Salary will depend on your experience and client’s needs. We also provide an extra £40- £50 per two hours for additional calls at night.
- Accommodation and meals provided whilst on assignment with your client.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
- Loyalty bonus.
- Flexibility with rota, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off or longer periods with your client.
- Free induction training to Care Certificate Level and support with on-going development.
- Access to support for client care and personal development.
- 24/7 support including an emergency out of hours manager.
- Refer a friend bonus.
We’re always in need of new carers to assist and support the elderly.
24-hour live-in care in Dorset is becoming more and more in-demand all the time. We know that, when you sign up with us, your new career path will be rewarding, fulfilling and allow you to bring joy to the lives of so many elderly people in need of domiciliary care.
- We value our staff, as well as our clients.
- We offer generous rates.
- Secure employment in a growing industry.
- You are included in the development of our processes.
- We have local offices to support local carers.
Please fill out our application sheet and submit it via the opposing form.